Fish in a Tree PDF Free
Add to bookmarks
- Added by: admin
- Original name: Fish in a Tree
- Year: 2015
- Category: Children's
- Author: Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Language: English
Description"Fans of R.J. Palacio's Wonder will appreciate this feel-good story of friendship and unconventional smarts." --Kirkus Reviews
Ally has been smart enough to fool a lot of smart people. Every time she lands in a new school, she is able to hide her inability to read by creating clever yet disruptive distractions. She is afraid to ask for help; after all, how can you cure dumb? However, her newest teacher Mr. Daniels sees the bright, creative kid underneath the trouble maker. With his help, Ally learns not to be so hard on herself and that dyslexia is nothing to be ashamed of. As her confidence grows, Ally feels free to be herself and the world starts opening up with possibilities. She discovers that there's a lot more to her--and to everyone--than a label, and that great minds don't always think alike.
The author of the beloved One for the Murphys gives readers an emotionally-charged, uplifting novel that will speak to anyone who's ever thought there was something wrong with them because they didn't fit in. This paperback edition includes The Sketchbook of Impossible Things and discussion questions.
A New York Times Bestseller!
* "Unforgettable and uplifting."--School Library Connection, starred review
* "Offering hope to those who struggle academically and demonstrating that a disability does not equal stupidity, this is as unique as its heroine."--Booklist, starred review
* "Mullaly Hunt again paints a nuanced portrayal of a sensitive, smart girl struggling with circumstances beyond her control." --School Library Journal, starred review